Burger with Turkey and Feta cheese (PR)
Feta is a traditional and certified Greek cheese with high nutritional value and rich taste that goes well with almost all food products.
Look for the PDO sign (Protected Designation of Origin) which ensures the quality, the uniqueness and the authenticity of Feta.
Burger with Turkey and Feta cheese
560 gr. ground turkey
¼ cup breadcrumps
1 tsp dried oregano
½ cup kalamata olives
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
8 oz feta cheese PDO
salt and pepper
- Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, salt and pepper in a large ball and mix well.
- Shape the turkey mixture into four equal sized balls.
- Insert thumb into centre of each meatball to create a pocket. Put 2 oz (58 g) of feta in the centre of each meatball and close meat around cheese. Shape into four burgers.
- Grill burgers 5-7 minutes per side, over medium heat, or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC).
- Serve with Greek pita, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes and cucumbers.