Sweet Potatoes stuffed with Feta cheese (PR)
Feta is a traditional and certified Greek cheese with high nutritional value and rich taste that goes well with almost all food products.
Look for the PDO sign (Protected Designation of Origin) which ensures the quality, the uniqueness and the authenticity of Feta.
Sweet Potatoes stuffed with Feta cheese
3 sweet potatoes
100 g feta cheese, crumbled
5 sprigs of chives, finely chopped
6 cubes of butter
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork so that their excess moisture can escape while they are cooking.
- Wrap them in aluminum foil, place them in a baking pan and roast them in the oven for about 50 minutes, until completely soft.
- The time they will need to cook depends on their size. If your sweet potatoes are too large they will need more time to bake. You can prick them with a small knife to see if they are soft. If the knife sinks into the sweet potato flesh without any resistance, then they are ready.
- As soon as they are soft, remove from oven. Unwrap them from the foil and carefully cut them in half, lengthwise. Use a fork to remove the sweet potato flesh, leaving the shells intact. You will fill them again when the filling is ready.
- Transfer the flesh to a bowl and mash a little with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Add some crumbled feta cheese and finely chopped chives and mix to combine.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with the filling. Add a small cube of butter to each and serve.