Barbecued mushrooms with Feta PDO
Different types of mushrooms have different flavor intensities. Some are denser, some are meatier and some are more earthy. All our favorite varieties are in this simple, low-fat and gluten-free salad.
- 75g Feta PDO, crumbled
- 300g fresh shiitake mushrooms, halved if large
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved if large
- 300g oyster mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) balsamic vinegar
- 150g mixed salad leaves (such as frisee, mizuna and rocket)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Place the mushrooms in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic and 1/4 cup (60ml) of the balsamic vinegar, and toss to coat mushrooms in the mixture.
2. Heat a lightly oiled chargrill over high heat. When hot, add the mushrooms in batches and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until cooked all over.
3. Place salad and parsley laves in a bowl with the remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, then toss to combine.
4. Divide the salad among plates, then top with mushrooms and Feta PDO.