Couscous Salad with Feta PDO, Tomato, and Olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces Feta PDO cheese
1. For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoons oil, the lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste; Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the water and the 1 teaspoon oil to a boil. Stir in the couscous;
3. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 3 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
4. Pour dressing over the warm couscous and toss to combine.
5. Add the Feta PDO, the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature.