Feta PDO Burgers
Feta PDO is a traditional and certified Greek cheese with high nutritional value and rich taste that goes well with almost
all food products. It comes from sheep’s milk or a mixture of sheep and up to 30% goat’s milk.
Look for the PDO sign (Protected Designation of Origin) which ensures the quality, the uniqueness and
the authenticity of Feta.
• 1.5 kg lean ground beef
• 1 cup (packed) crumbled feta PDO
• 1 ½ teaspoons snipped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• Pepper & salt
• 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• Nonstick vegetable oil spray
• 2 medium red onions, peeled, each cut crosswise into 4 slices
• 2 large tomatoes, each cut crosswise into 4 slices
For the Feta sauce
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 35g crumbled feta PDO cheese
• 1 tbsp oregano
• ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice & salt
For the feta sauce, mix the yogurt, feta, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and season with salt in a small bowl. In
a medium bowl combine ground beef, feta cheese, parsley, garlic, and pepper. Shape mixture into two 1/2-inchthick patties. In a large nonstick skillet cook patties over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Line-cut sides of
bun and place the feta sauce, the burgers, tomato and onion slices. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese.
Enjoy your meal!