Grilled chicken thighs with Feta PDO, sweet potato wedges and courgettes.
Serve these grilled or barbecued chicken thighs with sweet potatoes, courgettes and Feta PDO for an easy, flavour-packed dinner!
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken thighs, skin slashed
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges (skin on)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 large courgettes, sliced lengthways into 0.5cm thick strips (or 6-8 baby courgettes, halved)
- Small bunch basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Small bunch coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 80g Feta PDO, crumbled
- Barbecue with a lid (or grill and griddle pan)
1. Heat/light the barbecue and spread the coals in an even layer. Rub the chicken and sweet potato wedges all over with oil, then season. Arrange on the barbecue, then cook with the lid down for 25-30 minutes, turning every so often, until tender and charred.
2. Meanwhile, make a pesto by whizzing together the basil, coriander, most of the pine nuts, the garlic, parmesan, 3 tbsp oil and half the lemon juice in a small food processor (or use a pestle and mortar or finely chop by hand). Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding more lemon juice if needed.
3. When the chicken is nearly ready, brush the courgettes with oil, then add to the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender and just charred.
4. Serve the chicken, potato wedges and courgettes with the pesto spooned over, then crumble the Feta PDO over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the pine nuts, the lemon zest and some basil leaves.